When i was in college, this is one of my favorite snack during afternoon break. A woman used to sell it carrying in her basket and roam around the campus. I was wondering how to make this and finally i found the recipe, and here it is. If you cannot find any sticky rice you can use rice flour as a substitute and it should available in any supermarkets or any asian stores near you.
This recipe makes 20 servings, if you want more then just double the ingredients.
2 cup ground malagkit rice or glutinous rice flour (corn starch as substitute)
1 cup water
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
white sugar or icing sugar
- In a bowl combine glutinous rice flour with water and mix until a dough is formed.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp. of mixture and mould into a ball shape.
- Flatten it using the palm of your hands.
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Drop the flattened dough in the boiling water.
- When the dough starts to float, remove from pot, set aside allowing water to drain.
- Mix well sugar and sesame seeds.
- Roll rice cake in sugar mixture then on grated coconut.
- Caution: Its sticky and yummy. Share and enjoy!