Kare Kare Recipe
- 1 kg Pork or Beef hocks or Ox tail ,cut into 2″ lengths ( I used beef hocks)
- 6 tbsp. peanut butter
- 10 pcs siitaw or long beans (cut 3″ length)
- 2 bundles bokchoy
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp. achuete powder for colouring
- 1 medium eggplant (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- bagoong or shrimp paste
- Boil the pork hocks until soft and tender. Set aside. Reserve the broth.
- Saute garlic and onion in a wok.
- Add pork hocks and fish sauce. Cook for few minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the pork/beef broth, salt, achuete and peanut butter. Simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Add the vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- SAlt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bagoong or shrimp paste.