Ginataang Manok Recipe
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion and sliced
- 1 piece medium sized ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bell peppers
- bunch of pechay or spinach
- quarter of small green papaya, cut into pieces
- 5 lemongrass leaves
- Sliced chicken into desired serving size. Bring to boil for about 30 minutes. Drain and save the soup. Set aside.
- Saute garlic , onion and ginger. Add the chicken slices sauting for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the remaining soup if needed.
- Add the papaya, lemongrass and bell pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pechay or spinach, turn the heat off and let it covered for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!