Quick and easy chicken adobo recipe!
1 kilogram chicken cuts
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
12 cloves crushed garlic
1 whole diced red onion
3 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
3 pcs bay leaves
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 pinch of sugar
Optional: Boiled eggs
- Marinate chicken in advance for one hour or overnight with soy sauce, vinegar, black-peppercorns, and sugar.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until slightly brown.
- Add the marinated chicken together with the marinade.
- Cover and let it boil.
- Once boiled, put the bay leaves and water.
- Cover and simmer in low heat until meat is tender.
- Add the boiled eggs and stir to combine.
- Best serve with rice.
Adobo is so popular in the Philippines it comes from a Spanish word adobar which means marinade, cooking adobo recipe can used any of this meat like seafoods, pork, chicken, and vegetables which are marinated in soysauce, vinegar, garlic bay leaves and pepper and simmered in the marinade until the sauce reduced.
For more recipes visit Sarap Recipes