Beef Mechado Recipe
- 1 kilo beef chunks with fat
- cooking oil
- 3 medium potatoes( chunks)
- 2 medium carrots ( chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper or capsicum in chunks
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 whole minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste or 200 ml tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Boil beef until tender. Set aside and reserve some soup.
- Pan fry the potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Once half cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the beef and fish sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste or tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 3 minutes then add the reserved soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it boil and simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- Add the vegetables and soy sauce.
- Cook in low heat until sauce becomes thick.
- Best serve with rice.